Gadgets TurtleBeachStealth420X

Published on December 6th, 2016 | by Greg

0

Turtle Beach Stealth 420X+: Hear It All With This Xbox Headset

No matter what your game is, chances are that the Xbox One offers it- and if you already have one, you probably have tried out a basic headset for use with Xbox Live and online gaming. But that’s similar to the difference between an old rotary phone and a newer smartphone- the functionality might be similar but that’s about it. For any serious gamer, it’s well worth gifting or picking up a newer headset like the one we’re looking at today.

One of the latest models from Turtle Beach is their Stealth 420X+, now with the addition of their SuperHuman hearing feature. It’s a fully wireless headset boasting an impressive 15 hours of battery life, and has nice sizable ear cushions as well as a detachable bendable boom microphone. Four separate presets give you instant bass boost or vocal boost, and setup is simple as with most any USB headset. Turtle Beach included a mobile-capable cable though, a nice touch that allows you to take these out for use on the go.

The 420X+ is quite a bit less expensive, but also less impressive, than the Elite Pro model we checked out over the summer. It’s more similar to their Force XO Seven Pros, but wireless instead of wired and with a bit better comfort, though we liked the aesthetics of the Force XOs slightly more. As we mentioned in the previous review, chat quality was top-notch, with crystal clear voices and no distortion. Speaking of clarity, the 420X+ offered pinpoint accuracy for shots, allowing you to easily identify where snipers were firing from and hear the steps of enemies and the clicks of reloading weapons in first person shooters.

About the only thing that we missed was cross-platform compatibility. Otherwise, these were durable, solid, and pretty comfortable too, thanks to ventilation and decent adjustability. Available now, online and in stores, expect to spend around $150 or so for the Turtle Beach Stealth 420X+.

Tags: , , , ,