Gadgets Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-XO-Seven

Published on February 6th, 2015 | by Greg

0

Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Pro: An Xbox One Lifesaver

In the console wars, most serious gamers have already chosen their newest platform of choice: Microsoft’s Xbox One or Sony’s Playstation 4. But we don’t want to choose sides, and have both, the better to check out titles exclusive to one system or the other- plus it gives us the opportunity to check out other sorts of exclusives as well. And while controllers and some accessories tend to be below our normal price point, audio gear is certainly fair game. Yesterday, we checked out the PS4 top-of-the-line model from Turtle Beach, the Elite 800.

Today, we’re looking at the Turtle Beach Ear Force XO Seven Pros, aimed at Xbox One users. Granted, they don’t offer noise canceling, Bluetooth connectivity, nor the DTS 7.1 simulated audio- but are much easier on the wallet, and no less comfortable on the head. Professional-level durability mean that this headset is ready for tournament play, but even if you’re not a pro, you’ll like the leatherette memory foam earcups and headband as well as the 50mm drivers that can pump out some major volume.

The boom microphone is adjustable and even removable for easy transport. Chat quality was top-notch, and there is a swappable mobile cable with an in-line mic that allows you to use the Ear Force XO Seven with your smartphone or tablet. In-game, your chat and game volumes are separately adjustable so you can mix as you need. Controls are actually easier to use than with the sister model- similar locations and abilities including mute and volume settings but with less sensitivity. Direct connection to your Xbox One controller allows you wireless access to your console. The predecessor model lacked the “Superhuman” feature, which basically helps boost certain sounds- it’s pretty cool and worked pretty well in some games.

Highs are sharp, footfalls are crisp, and explosions boom- it’s a forward-sounding pair, balanced for gaming rather than music. You’ll be able to pinpoint where shots are coming from, and hear enemies approaching. Mic monitoring and a sensitive input mean you won’t have to shout to make yourself heard, which means your roommates, neighbors, or pets won’t be alarmed by shouts while you’re fighting your Destiny. Your ears might get a bit warm and sweaty, but you won’t miss a beat in the Ear Force XO Seven Pros, a very solid set from Turtle Beach. Competitively priced and positioned, these are an easy recommendation for Xbox One gamers who want to hear it all! Available now, online and in stores, for around $160.

Tags: , , , , ,